Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Is there any way to remove my name from a car loan through a divorce?

My husband and I bought a mustang back in October and after a lot of cheating on his part I decided for a divorce. He drives the car and I have no access to it, but I pay half the payments. I am the main person on the loan and he is the co-signer. If I stopped making payments on the car he could probably afford it because he's military and lives on post so he doesn't really have any bills but every time I turn around he doesn't have the money to make his half so how would he make a full payment every month? My question is, now, during, or after the divorce, is there anyway I can get my name off of the car loan so that if he does fault on the payments it won't effect my credit?

No comments:

Post a Comment