Thursday, November 10, 2011

My fish tank hasn't cycled after 10 weeks?

Does your test check the hardness/softness of the water. We had very soft water and were having problems with too much ammonia. We have since moved and the water is hard and we aren't having as many problems. I agree with the person who said you might need more fish in the tank for it to cycle. The rule for how many fish is 1 inch of fish to 1 gallon of water. When I first set up my tank I had couple of fish die. Mine has now been going for almost a year and are doing well with 4 guppies and one plecostomus that is now about 5 inches long in a 10 gallon tank. We had a very stable 5 gallon tank with 2 neon tetras and a guppy before we moved across country. I just haven't found a place to set that tank up again. Take some water to a fish store to be tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment